Subscription InformationThe Insider State Government News Service offers the most comprehensive suite of products available to government affairs professionals in North Carolina.
Delivered daily before 5 a.m., the Insider puts the information you need in your hands before important decisions are made.
The Insider features:
- Original reporting from the legislature aimed directly at a professional audience
- A complete briefing of relevant news items from news sources across the state
- Complete listings of every bill introduced, including bill number, sponsor and title with direct links to bill texts
- Recaps of what happened on the House and Senate floors, and in every committee
- Comprehensive calendars of all legislative studies, committee and government meetings, and other events of interest
- A fully searchable archive of thousands of daily insiders dating back to 1994, which makes researching the history of any relevant topic quick work
- $1,169/year - Primary account
- $399/year - Extra users
INSIDER LEGISLATIVE TRACKING SERVICE
The Insider Legislative Tracking Service is a comprehensive legislative tracking system that combines cutting-edge database technology with an easy-to-use, web-based interface. It allows users to produce tracking reports in Microsoft Word format, see daily and weekly legislative calendars that show exactly when and where their bills are scheduled, receive emails whenever their bills are added to calendars, and much more.Features Include:
- Comprehensive, Accurate Legislative Coverage
An enormous resource of legislative information, updated continuously every day: bill history, bill text (including bill in editable Rich Text Format), committee agendas, public hearing notices, press releases, voting records, legislator contact information, and much more.
- Powerful Bill Tracking Features
Our tracking system allows you to track an unlimited number of bills and organize them into separate lists as needed (by client, subject, person, etc.) Additional fields such as position, priority, category and comments allow you to personalize your reports to fit a variety of needs.
- Automatic Daily Alerts for Your Bills
Our exclusive Daily Alert feature scans the entire service for all new information affecting you, including news releases, meeting notices, schedule changes, actions, bill text, votes, sponsorship changes, bills in your favorite subjects, bill text containing your favorite keywords, and more.
- Personalized Calendars and Schedules
Daily, weekly and monthly views of scheduled meetings and sessions, with your bills marked for easy reference. Create customized, personal calendars for any legislative day in a single click.
- Exclusive Bill Progress Reports
See how far your bills have gone in the legislative process (including status and last date of action) with this unique, chart-like report.
- Screen for New and Amended Bills That Affect You
Enter your favorite search terms once and be alerted automatically every day when new bills are introduced that contain your keywords. You will also be alerted when bills are amended with new language that contains one or more of your saved keywords.
- Email Reports, Bill Text and Documents to Others
Send tracking reports, bill text, press releases, meeting agendas and other documents directly to your clients without having to save files and send them yourself.
- Great-looking Tracking Reports
Create desktop-publishing quality tracking reports with proportional fonts, multiple columns, definable fields, and more. Reports can be created in both HTML (web page) and Microsoft Word formats.
- Flexible Bill Sorting & Filtering Options
See only the bills you want, in the order you want! Now you can show just the bills that are scheduled, near the Governor (near passage), signed into law, recently introduced, etc. Bills can also be sorted in numerous ways such as last date of action, progress, date introduced, your position / priority / category, and much more.
- Legislator Voting Profiles
See how one or more legislators voted on virtually any group bills by subject, date of action, keyword search, tracked bills, and more. You can even compare multiple legislators side-by-side, and/or compare their votes against your client's or organization's positions.
- Extensive, Easy-To-Use Search Capabilities
The most powerful legislative search functions ever created! Search by keywords in bill text, sponsor, cosponsor, status, subject, date of action, date introduced, progress, action type, scheduled date, your tracking list / position / priority / category, and more. All search fields can be used alone or in combination, allowing you to do truly complex searches in just a few mouse clicks!
- Exceptional Ease-of-Use
Hundreds of thousands of cross-referenced links make it easy to go exactly where you want to go. Features that would typically require many menus or sublevels are combined into simple, concise pages of related links and options.
- Use it at the Office, Home, Anywhere
Access your tracking information no matter where you are, any time of the day or night. All you need is an Internet connection and a web browser.
- True Multi-User Support
Multiple users in the same organization can share an account, even if they are not in the same physical location. Information entered by one user is instantly available to all other users on the same account.